DECANTED: EXPLAINING ORGANIC CERTIFICATION
Here's some concise information on organic certification, from the EU region and Australia (which you will find at the back label of our wine bottles).
The EU region certification features a dotted leaf whilst the Australia's organic certification features a thriving plant icon.
What does the certification mean?
- no use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides and or artificial fertilisers
- involves auditing an operation’s methods to ensure that the growers comply with the guidelines of organic production
- a whole system approach, from growing to handling of food
- Genetically modified organisms (GMOs) and products derived from GMOs are explicitly excluded from this process
What does it all mean to you?
- Wine juice made with rigorous standards in mind
- Cleaner and sustainable wine for your consideration
Also in Sustainable Wine Blog
Whether you have an eco-conscious person to buy for or you’re looking for gifts that will reduce waste, we’ve collected a few sustainable gift ideas to get you started with your Christmas shopping this year. From small stocking-fillers to a special present, there is plenty to sink your teeth into in our top five sustainable gifts list.